There is no shortage of marketing strategies and tactics to grow your business. Some are more effective than others. I am going to speak from a point of view for what has worked for me with starting Revive Washing.
I am a big fan of keeping things simple. If you are starting up a home service business I would suggest these 3 marketing strategies (cost effective) to get your business off the ground.
- Flyers – Have an attractive flyer which special deals on the back. Describe what makes your company unique and outline your services with special deals on the back. Print the flyer in colour and I would suggest a minimum of 5000 flyers to your targeted neighbourhoods.
- Local Homeshow – Find the local homeshow in your area and sign up for it. At our homeshow we have prospects enter a draw to get their house cleaned for free. We had over 200 people enter our draw and about 60 of those prospects wanted to get a quote. The key to the homeshow is ensuring you talk to as many guests as possible. If you sit back in your booth, do not expect great results.
- Client Contact – Once you have a handful of clients, stay in constant contact with your clients. Phone them regularly, email them, send them post cards, send them an update on your company. At Revive Washing, we contact our clients every 1-2 months so that they don’t forget about us. If you offer multiple services, it would be a good idea to send this information to your clients simply educating them on your different service offerings.
Two Other Tips..
- I would strongly suggest from Day 1 starting with a CRM for your business. We use Jobber and it is an excellent platform for keeping our entire company organized. If you want a free trial and 20% off for your first 6 months click Here.
- Collect email addresses for every prospect and client. These are easy to store in Jobber and as you collect more email addresses this will be a major help to you as you grow your business and offer more services. Email is a great way to stay in touch with your clients, just make sure to not spam your clients.
Lastly, it should be mentioned that you need to be doing high quality work and that your clients are happy with your service, otherwise this lack of client satisfaction will work strongly against your marketing strategies above.
I hope this helps you get your business off the ground. If you have any further questions on this marketing subject, send me an email at email@example.com